The Carnival of Monkey Island: background artists needed!

Der Untergrund lebt...
Antworten
Saidtubes
Möchtegernpirat
Möchtegernpirat

The Carnival of Monkey Island: background artists needed!

25.10.2011, 06:38
I thought I'd tell you about the new AGS-based MI fanproject which takes place between MI2 and MI3, about the said Carnival of the Damned (aka Big Whoop), explaining how Guybrush wound up sailing in the red bumper car in the middle of the Caribbean. The art style is going to be similar to CMI, and the game will be divided in three episodes. The list of characters includes:
- Guybrush (of course)
- LeChuck
- Skeletal Pirates
- Largo (he's finally going to make a comeback)
- The Voodoo Lady
- Fettuccine Brothers
- Herman Toothrot (maybe)
- Cannibals (maybe)
- Pirate Bar Patron(s)
- Clown with a strong New Yorker accent
- Chuckie
- Guybrush as a child
- Elaine as a child
- Old man Guybrush
- John Decringe (a reference to Joseph Decreaux and Desinge)
- Winslow
- Stan
and more, and more! You can read the rest here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=20427

The project is currently looking for some background artists, the only available screenshot for now:
Bild

And a couple of other BG's, created by the same artist for a different project:
Bild
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von Saidtubes am 25.10.2011, 09:37, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Steve
Niedlinger
Niedlinger

Re: Carnival of Monkey Island

25.10.2011, 09:26
Das Projekt hört sich ja schon spannend an, das muss ich sagen.. zumindest soweit ich dieser gräßlichen Google-Übersetzung einen Inhalt entnhemen konnte. Aber gibt es da keine Probleme mit den Rechten am Spiel, dem Titel und den Charakteren? :?:

Saidtubes
Möchtegernpirat
Möchtegernpirat

Re: Carnival of Monkey Island

25.10.2011, 09:36
Okey-dokey, I'll just post it in English. As far as I know, there are no copyright problems, since the project is non-commercial.

Steve
Niedlinger
Niedlinger

Re: The Carnival of Monkey Island: background artists needed

25.10.2011, 15:47
Allright, it's much more understandable now that it's in english. Sounds like a really great project; unfortunately I don't have any helpful skills to contribute. Even though it is a non-commercial product, if I were you I would still make absolutely sure that's it is legal. Not that you are facing any legal problems in the future just because you didn't inform yourself properly.
All the best to you and good luck with the project!

Minniestrone
Adventuregott
Adventuregott
Titel: Ex-Chefin

25.10.2011, 16:19
With fanarts or fanprojectsd of any sort it generally doesn't matter if it is commercial or not. Any such project is a matter of shared ownership, whereas the project itself including all art, all coding, etc. belong to its author, the subject matter however belongs to whoever holds the right to that franchise, in this case Lucas Arts. To publish such a project you need both parties to consent and that does include LucasArts. So if you publish your project without their expressed permission, they do have the right to axe your project, commercial or not.
...wie ein Toastbrot im Regen.
Meine Fotos bei Flickr
Tweet: Thylja

Saidtubes
Möchtegernpirat
Möchtegernpirat

25.10.2011, 16:22
I'm not a member of the project, I'm just doing some advertising for it. You may contact the team members on Telltale forums.

Antworten